REASONS YOU'LL LOVE YOUR PERSONALISED NOTECARDS
- Having a stack on hand for birthday(s), congratulations and thank you’s. It makes it easy and quick to send a personal message at a moments notice.
- Let your kids write their own notes to Grandma. Or better yet, give a set to grandparents to write notes to your child. Imagine the joy when they get fancy mail addressed to them!
- If you're a new mum, currently pregnant or have a friend who is. You'll be sending lots of small thank you's for all the lovely well wishes for your new bundle of joy. Send them in personalised style.
- Personalise the cards with your baby's details and combine as a birth announcement. The perfect personalised gift for a new parent.
- Make the right impression at work. Attach your letterpress notes to documents and contracts for that professional touch.
- A great gift for the stationery lover, who will appreciate the personal touch!
THE ART OF LETTERPRESS PRINTING
Letterpress printing is a process that dates back to the fifteenth century and is a true craft. While all type was originally hand set with individual letters, now days I use modern typefaces to design stationery.
The process involves creating a raised printing plate of your design, that is then inked up and literally 'pressed' into quality cotton paper to produce the finished stationery product, one piece at a time.
Tumbleweed Letterpress is home to 9 vintage printing presses. One of the treadle operated Chandler and Price presses was built in 1896, while the two 'newer' Heidelberg T Platen presses are from the 1960s and 70s.
All the presses print only one notecard at a time, with ink colours that are mixed by hand. I am committed to the keeping the art of letterpress alive in the modern age.
While a very labour intensive process, the beautiful, tactile impression in the paper
is something only letterpress printing can produce.